My first love! Last too.

 

I find this relatable!
I find this relatable!
The previous cricket World Cup began in 2019 along with my love for the game. Before that, I was no less than a dimwit when it came to cricket. But now, my perspective about the game has evolved a lot…

Cricket…no, that’s not a game. It’s an atmosphere. The atmosphere filled with an enormous crowd in the stadium. Some nervous. Some excited. Some holding banners with 4s and 6s imprinted on them. Some clicking selfies. Lush green grass. The team players arrive from the pavilion. Umpires come. The national anthem starts playing. The batsmen take their places as the commenters announce their names. The play begins.

 

I have always admired the mental toughness and physical endurance of all the players. The can-do attitude, the passion for the game, the desire to play for the team, for the country and not just for the crowd, the fire in their eyes which never extinguishes, the urge to never give up are some of the key traits of all the teammates which keep me hooked to the game. The various strategies opted by the captains, those fiery glances at the opponents which turn into friendly banter off the field, the rip-roaring death overs and most importantly, sportsmanship makes the game enjoy a massive fan following.

Always a RohiRat fan!

  Although there are so many amazing   players, I love and idolize batsmen, Virat  Kohli and Rohit Sharma. Well, Mr. “King” Kohli needs no introduction. He has become a synonymous name to the cricketing world. His desire, aggression, passion and talent, of course, makes the fans gaga over him. His brilliant captaincy and exquisite batting make him the toast of the town.

 Another batting maestro, whose name I had never heard of before the 2019 WC is Rohit Sharma. But, it was his dreamy form in the World Cup which won the heart of millions. I was so bedazzled by his heroics that I started to know more about him and his past performances. It turned out that he had been an exceptional captain in the IPL. And now, his consistent performances in the field, both in India and abroad has made me his crazy fan. I just named 2 personalities but there is a whole bunch of players whom I admire from the bottom of my heart.

This Billion Cheers Jersey looks stunning !!
After the WC, my friend and I have turned into absolute cricket fanatics! We engage in debates about which player should be in the playing XI and which bowler should work on his form. And if that’s not enough, we have our own self-proclaimed top-class expert analysis sessions where we discuss the important events of every single match. We keep ourselves updated on each and every news about the game. Also, we have accepted the fact that we both are suffering from OCD (Obsessive Cricket Disorder). Things have become too much fun with cricket and I am glad that cricket happened to me.

 PS-It doesn’t exactly ‘happen’ but I have evolved this term myself.

PPS- All the very best to Team India for the upcoming T20 World Cup! I know we’re gonna ace it like a pro!

 

Love Love

Srishti

#TeamIndiaSlays

 

Comments

  1. It’s a great one…especially since I’m the friend who is mentioned above πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€©

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

PS- Thank you for reading this post! Make sure to tell me whether you liked my blog or not in the comment section above. And if you liked my writing don't forget to follow, share and subscribe to Srishti's Musings. Also check out my other blog Dibbly Dobbly for the latest cricket updates! The link is- https://itsdibblydobbly.wordpress.com/
Lots of love to my readers!
Srishti

Popular Posts